Seeking Advice on Optimizing My Dashboard Workflows

Hey everyone!

I am currently diving into some dashboard projects and I am looking to streamline and optimize my workflows. I have been using various tools and techniques, but I am curious to hear from the community about any tips or best practices you might have.

Specifically, I am interested in:

• Efficiency Tips: Any strategies for speeding up dashboard development and data processing?
  • Tool Integration: Recommendations for tools or plugins that can enhance functionality or ease of use.
  • Common Pitfalls: Things to watch out for or avoid when working on complex dashboards.

I have been through these resources/articles What Is a Dashboard Portal? Benefits, Use Cases & More Salesforce Tutorial, however, they are good but I want detailed guidance from the members of this community.

Would love to hear your experiences and suggestions! Thanks in advance for your help.

Thanks

Hi @lysander

Efficiency:

• Templatizing dashboards, which can speed up a lot of stylistic things and layouts.
  • If you can get comfortable working with XML (or whatever the underlying code of the dashboards application), you can do a lot of speedy and complex changes quickly as you can circumvent UI/GUI sluggishness.
  • I also think a lot of this depends on your exact use case. For example, Tableau is a great tool for rapid prototyping and can help you understand data quickly. When I’m new to a project, I create a big ugly dashboard where I quickly throw measures and dimensions onto a sheet and then dashboard to get a high level view of the data. I do this before i even start getting into the data warehouse

Common Pitfalls:

• Overengineering a dashboard without approaching it with an iterative feedback loop. Developing a dashboard in a bubble without establishing a feedback loop with data consumers can lead to a frustrating development journey.
  • Save device layouts for the end. Working on mobile or tablet layouts too early can lead to a lot of extra work (depending on the BI tool)